Welcome to . . .
- Swan Song for The Music Store
(closing on January 31)
- Time passes and changes must happen. Old must give way to new. And new directions must be pursued. The times they are a changing. Competition from the internet and changing shopping habits have made it impossible to continue as we have.
- It has been our pleasure to have served the community for this long. A generation of fine young musicians, now making their professional lives in music, began with instruments bought in our store. And it is with pride and joy that we watch their burgeoning careers with interest and joy.
- We are grateful to and will sorely miss the many loyal customers who have been our faithful mainstay for the last 16+ years. In that time, we have been honored also to work with Tanglewood and their BUTI program, Shakespeare and Company and other performing arts groups. A few local school systems and summer camps have been loyal supporters as well. We will be particularly sorry to leave the local music teachers and their students who have also supported us.
- And finally, we are grateful to the fine playing professionals, local and from out-of-state, whose support has been a delight and a privilege to receive.
- Claudia d’Alessandro: Owner
David Reed: Consultant
Fred Shane: Consultant